Senior Hardware Design Engineer – PCB/Altium (Direct Hire) – NC001
SOME RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE TO YOUNGSVILLE, NC - NO SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with our client.
Our client is a leader in Power Distribution. Their focus is on DC power distribution panels and accessories used in the telecommunications and data center industries.
We are currently searching for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer. This position is primarily responsible for mechanical hardware design for new products and existing products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Comprehensive mechanical design of power distribution products from ideation to launch including integrating PCB packages, power component design, PCB layouts, wire assemblies, connector topologies, and bus bar design.
- Utilize Autodesk Inventor to create and maintain meticulous design documentation including 3D models of mechanical components and assemblies, bills of material (BOM), routings, specifications, and installation instructions.
- Research problems to understand the root causes and then offer design recommendations for new and existing product lines.
- Work with customers to understand the physical and electrical requirements of the products and then design to meet the form, fit, and function, of their needs as well as answering any technical issues they are experiencing with the products.
- Be familiar with power and alarm schematics, Altium design packages, and embedded processor code.
- Responsible for the full life cycle of products including design, qualification with independent third parties, and DFMA implementation and improvement.
- Continually adapt solutions from various disciplines to solve problems.
- Assist with independent third-party testing of products by understanding the applicable standards, developing specification packages, monitoring the testing of the products, and providing any technical support required.
- Review drawings, plans, specifications, and other customer documentation as requested.
- Work with various members of the team to review engineering design changes and recommend modifications to minimize cost and maximize ease of performance.
- Follow and refine established filing guidelines for engineering documentation to facilitate accurate revision control and communication.
- Communicate design updates and improvements to the rest of the team in a clear and comprehensive way.
- BSEE in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience, or master's degree and 1+ years of experience, or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to write detailed specifications and reports.
- Ability to effectively present information in group situations to the employees and managers of the organization.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or similar parametric design programs and demonstrated expertise in modeling and design automation.
- Ability to develop specifications on drawings.
- Ability to read and use technical measurement instruments.
- Ability to visualize a new product and complete the tasks necessary to design and build a functioning product.
- Capable of generating dimensioned orthographic perspective drawings and component material specifications that adhere to industry standards.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Vault, Altium Vault, Altium Circuit Designer, and ERP systems. In-depth knowledge of industry-specific standards and regulations such as Telcordia GR-63, GR-1089, and UL-62368.