Field Service/Start Up Engineer II – OR001
WGNSTAR is a dynamic and growing company with a global footprint. Primarily focused on the semiconductor industry, we provide a platform for you to expand your career with knowledge gained on the job training, and tailored development. We know we need talented people like you that hold similar values, which is why we do not put limits on learning, development, industry, and personal growth. Start your path to a WGNSTAR career today!
Schedule: Night Shift
Pay Rate: $28-$31 Hourly
Location: Hillsboro, OR
The principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Perform on-site service and repair of semiconductor processing equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Maintains records and reports as required.
- Coordinates activities with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions.
- Orders and installs parts.
- Responds to emergency service calls as required. Instructs customer operating technicians on system operation and maintenance.
- Perform upgrades and modifications to equipment as needed.
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials. Incumbents are responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and security of company property including vehicles, tools, etc.
- Employees must also maintain standards of conduct acceptable to both TEA and customers to maintain credentials for being on customer site(s.)
- Travel for this role is expected to be 10-25% for training.
- Ability to work in confined areas in a clean room environment, in low positions and high places.
- Full gown and clean room procedures must be adhered to.
- Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity, and the ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds.
- May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing.
- Will require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents, or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc.
- Overnight travel to factory, training facilities and customer locations will be required.
- Associates degree in electronics, engineering, or other applicable field of study; Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technology
- 2+ year previous experience in maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of semiconductor capital equipment
May be required to walk up to 5+miles per day, able to be on feet for 8-10 hrs at a time, ability to bend, twist, push/pull, crouch, kneel in confined spaces, work at heights, on a ladder, and lift up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Other compensation: We offer Benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation, and Select Holidays, Overtime Opportunities, Compressed Work Week Schedules, On-site Facilities & Career Development Opportunities.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
WGNSTAR does not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Thank you.
The people who thrive most on our teams are those individuals who perform well in a team environment, enjoy interacting and engaging with several different stakeholders, adapt quickly to changing environments, and leverage their skills, quality, and knowledge to drive themselves and their teams towards continuous improvement and success.