Field Service Engineer – NY002
WGNSTAR is a dynamic and growing company with a global footprint. Primarily focused on the semiconductor industry, we provide a platform for you to expand your career with knowledge gained on the job training, and tailored development. We know we need talented people like you that hold similar values, which is why we do not put limits on learning, development, industry, and personal growth. Start your path to a WGNSTAR career today
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: $30 - $40 Hourly DOE
The principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Complete installations, chemical or slurry commissioning on Company Specific equipment. General support of our equipment in any capacity including upgrades, warranty engagements at customer sites.
- Possess the ability to work well autonomously and have a demonstrated ability to lead or be led during installations, upgrades, and warranty engagements.
- Work with PFA tubing and associated hardware components. Experience flaring, bending, and PFA plumbing assembly. Flaring includes Flaretek2, PrimeLock, Fit-Line, and Pillar.
- Able to read and understand a plumbing P&ID drawing
- Able to use an ACAD or 3D e-drawing to replicate an architectural layout plumbing drawing and replicate onto a blank or semi populated cabinet.
- Pneumatics, understanding for the process of producing an electrical or ethernet signal from a PLC to an electrical solenoid valve, converting to an air signal that will proceed to an Automated Valve, pump, or other pneumatic driven component. Able to troubleshoot A to Z.
- You will be a contributor and future Project Lead to complete installations, wet bench, chemical or slurry commissioning on equipment. General support of equipment in any capacity including upgrades, warranty engagements at customer sites.
- Ability to work well under little direct supervision.
- Experienced in completing upgrades and retrofits to company specific equipment on time and on budget; maintained accurate service, spare parts, and project progress reports, related logs and documentation, including red lines to technical documentation.
- Ability to adhere to all safety guidelines and rules as described by internal training as well as the customer sites training at which work will be performed.
- Able to do basic wiring, routing wires for panel assembly, terminate wires, crimping ferrules, use of several types of crimpers such as AMP, Molex, Z+F. able to complete termination with head shrink, labeling.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical circuits. 24VDC, 120VAC, 208VAC. Proper use of a DMM to check / verify voltages, amperage, resistance in a circuit. Ability to use an analog generator / meter to troubleshoot 0-20mA or 4-20mA circuits.
- Able to read and understand an electrical drawing. Use this to effectively troubleshoot an electrical problem, failed component, mis-wire, etc.
- Familiarity experience with industrial PCs, HMIs, and the graphic interfaces that go along with most IPC / HMI designs. Ability to interact with the screens, understand configurations including timers, alarm/warning options, reading and changing recipes.
- Ability to interface with OEM components, examples are Future Star or Levitronix flow meters, Adsen or SMC pressure transducers, capacitive Sensors, E&H pH and Conductivity probes and controllers, Specific Gravity or Densitometer sensor. OEM or in-house manuals available to assist in use and troubleshooting.
- Use above skills to test out an electrical, mechanical, pneumatic chemical or slurry blend and/or delivery system via a Functional Test Matrix (FTM). Tests include verifying EMO(s), Interlocks, Alarms, sensors, analog signal devices, and complete functional tests that prove out the functionality of our equipment.
- An expert at customer interface, FSE I / II has the ability and experience to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and bend, and occasionally lift 25 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time.
- Associate degree or higher in a related technical discipline.
- OSHA10 Certification.
- 5 years of formal technical training or experience exhibiting the knowledge and technical skills outlined in this job description.
Other compensation: We offer Benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation, and Select Holidays, Overtime Opportunities, Compressed Work Week Schedules, On-site Facilities & Career Development Opportunities.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
WGNSTAR does not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Thank you.
The people who thrive most on our teams are those individuals who perform well in a team environment, enjoy interacting and engaging with several different stakeholders, adapt quickly to changing environments, and leverage their skills, quality, and knowledge to drive themselves and their teams towards continuous improvement and success.