Field Service Engineer I – OR001
WGNSTAR is a dynamic and growing company with a global footprint. Primarily focused on the semiconductor industry, we provide a platform for you to expand your career with knowledge gained on the job training, and tailored development. We know we need talented people like you that hold similar values, which is why we do not put limits on learning, development, industry, and personal growth. Start your path to a WGNSTAR career today!
The principal duties and responsibilities will be:
While most of the work will be completed on site, there is the potential to travel domestically for training and to support other installation activities at fabs across the country. Travel for this role is expected to be 5% for training.
- Complete installations and commissioning of semiconductor systems.
- Performs on-site service and repair of semiconductor processing equipment.
- Maintain distributions systems, including repairs, preventive maintenance and communicating data regarding the condition of systems.
- Respond to routine matters as well as severe and emergency conditions. Able to react calmly during all events to apply safe and lasting resolutions.
- Complete upgrades and retrofits on time and on budget, maintain accurate service, spare parts and project progress reports, related logs and documentation, including providing redlines to technical documents.
- Able to write and complete a functional test matrix and understand/edit a Software Functionality Statement
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials.
- Coordinates activities with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and coordinate repairs with other stakeholders.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical equipment using factory diagnostic manuals.
- Mechanical aptitude as well as an ability to use appropriate tools.
- Understanding of technical issues, and what is required to repair mechanical and electrical systems
- Excellent customer interface skills.
- Military experience accepted in Lieu of a degree is welcomed.
Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Full gown and clean room procedures must be adhered to.
- Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and the ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing.
- Will require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents, or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc.
- Overnight travel to the factory, training facilities and customer locations will be required.
- Associates or higher in engineering or related field
- experience in one or more of the following Modules:
- Dry Etch
- Wet Etch
- Clean Trac experience
- Diffusion Furnaces
- Thermal Process Tools
- Experience installing or repairing semiconductor capital equipment
Other compensation: We offer benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation, and Select Holidays, Overtime Opportunities, Compressed Work Week Schedules, On-site Facilities & Career Development Opportunities.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
WGNSTAR does not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Thank you.
The people who thrive most on our teams are those individuals who perform well in a team environment, enjoy interacting and engaging with several different stakeholders, adapt quickly to changing environments, and leverage their skills, quality, and knowledge to drive themselves and their teams towards continuous improvement and success.