Construction Project Management Intern (DoD Skillsbridge)
WGNSTAR is a dynamic and growing company with a global footprint. Primarily focused on the semiconductor industry, we provide a platform for you to expand your career with knowledge gained on-the-job training, and tailored development. We know we need talented people like you that hold similar values, which is why we do not put limits on learning, development, industry, and personal growth. Start your path to a WGNSTAR career today!
The Skillsbridge Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on work experience in Construction Project Management within a semiconductor industry environment. Construction Project Management includes managing all aspects of an assigned project to include clarifying and documenting scope, schedule, and budget. In addition, Project Management is responsible for employing all necessary project controls to meet the project objectives and ensure team safety.
Schedule: M- F Days, 40 hours per week
Location: Boise, ID
On the job training includes, but is not limited to:
- Types of electrical systems one might encounter and why they are used
- Types of HVAC systems
- Types of mechanical systems
- Chemical delivery systems
- Gas delivery systems
- Support utilities
- Process support tools – pumps, chillers, ozone generators, etc
- Abatement tools and systems, different exhaust streams and concerns
- Types of segregated drains and why
- Working in a cleanroom environment
- Basic front end/back end manufacturing steps of processing a wafer
- Project Management
Must be an active Service Member of the Armed Forces that is within six (6) months of separation.
Must have applied to the SkillBridge program through the Department of Defense with an approval from both the Department of Defense and the Service Member's Chain of Command
Desire to learn about the semiconductor industry
Technical or Mechanical aptitude
- Basic Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years of additional education and/or related experience in mechanical, electrical, construction, or project management.
- Eligibility to work in the US, without sponsorship, is required.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strength and mobility to work in a typical field setting, including operating hand and power tools; stamina to navigate uneven terrain and construction site, including standing, walking, climbing and working in confined or awkward spaces; strength to lift and maneuver materials and equipment weighing up to 75 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over a radio or telephone.
- This position does not include compensation or benefits paid by WGNSTAR
- The Service member will continue to receive compensation and benefits from the Department of Defense
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
WGNSTAR does not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Thank you.
The people who thrive most on our teams are those individuals who perform well in a team environment, enjoy interacting and engaging with several different stakeholders, adapt quickly to changing environments, and leverage their skills, quality, and knowledge to drive themselves and their teams towards continuous improvement and success.